Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Story of Stuff

--from kate--
I have Larkin's gramps to thank for bringing this excellent video to my attention. I encourage all readers to invest just 20 minutes watching this entertaining and enlightening piece. It explains more clearly than anything else I've found why movements such as The Compact are absolutely critical to the survival of our species and our planet. Recycling simply isn't enough; we each need to be doing more...or less, depending on how you look at it.

Watch on, citizens!
Here: http://www.storyofstuff.com/
Or here:

2 comments:

Larkin said...

Awesome video, Mom. I'm loving the voice over.... its reminicent of old samurai movies.... :)

Librarian Man said...

Nicely done!

I love how it illustrates one of the gaping flaws in classical economic theory: there happen to be humans involved in all this....